Terms and conditions
PACKAGING NEWS JOBS ADVERTISER TERMS AND CONDITIONS (INCLUDING JOB ADVERTISEMENTS)
The following terms and conditions are for use with anyone that wishes to post advertisements on the Packaging News Jobs website (the Site) which is owned by Metropolis International Group Limited (Packaging News Jobs)
By placing an Order (defined below) with Packaging News Jobs You are offering to post the Advertisement (defined below) on the following Terms and Conditions.
Please print and retain a copy of Your Order and these Terms and Conditions for Your records once You have submitted Your Order. These Terms and Conditions are not available in any other language than English.
In these Terms and Conditions the following terms shall have these meanings:
“the Advertisement” means the advertisement specified in Your Order;
"Confirmatory Email” means an email that Packaging News Jobs sends to You at the email address You provide in Your Order to confirm that Your Order has been placed, and (where relevant) to confirm that Your debit/credit card has been debited and Your Order accepted;
“Fee” means the fee payable by You for the Service calculated by reference to the criteria set out on the order page of the Site;
“Job Advertisement” means an advertisement that advertises the availability of a job or service contract on the Site;
“Order” means Your offer to take up the Service communicated by You to Packaging News Jobs through the order page of the Site;
“Service” means the service whereby Packaging News Jobs posts Your Advertisement on the Site upon the terms set out in Your Order and these Terms and Conditions;
“Username and Password“ means the unique username and password that Packaging News Jobs may allocate to You to enable You to place Orders; and
“You” means the person or entity named as Packaging News Jobs’s client in the Order.
2. Your User Information
You undertake to: ensure that the information that We hold about You whenever an Order is placed is current, honest and accurate; keep Your Username Password secure and not disclose them to any persons that are not authorised to place Orders on Your behalf; and remain responsible and liable to Packaging News Jobs for all Orders placed using Your Username and Password.
3. Placing Orders
3.1 With any Order that You make We must receive full details of the Advertisement that you wish to place on the Site and all other criteria detailed on the order page of the Site.
3.2 Upon placing any Order You will be required to provide full credit/debit card details. If Your Order is accepted Packaging News Jobs will send you a Confirmatory Email, Your credit/debit card will be debited for the Fee and the Service will commence. Packaging News Jobs reserves the right to refuse any Order that You place at its discretion and will have no obligation to provide You with any reasons for so refusing. Please note that if We do not send You a Confirmatory Email you should not assume that your offer has been accepted.
3.3 You will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions and the general Terms and Conditions for use of the Website Packaging News Jobs when You submit Your Order and no variation of these terms or conditions shall be effective unless agreed in writing with Packaging News Jobs.
3.4 The prices payable for the Service are the prices set out in the Order in pounds sterling on the date of your Order. Packaging News Jobs’s prices are Exclusive of VAT.
4. Job Advertisements
4.1 If you are an employment agency or an employment business (as defined by the Employment Agencies Act 1973 (‘the Act’)) it is your responsibility to ensure that any Job Advertisements you place on the Site comply with your obligations under the Act and Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. You agree to comply with the Act and these Regulations as they affect the conduct of Your business and the Job Advertisements that You place on the Site.
4.2 Packaging News Jobs has rules regarding the content and format of Job Advertisements whose purpose is to ensure that users who search the Site jobs database get results which are presented as clearly and informatively as possible. You agree that Packaging News Jobs may, at its discretion and without liability to You, remove from the Site any Job Advertisement which is posted in breach of these rules. The rules may change from time to time and You are advised to refer to them regularly.
The rules are:
1. No duplicating of jobs at the expense of other clients’ jobs.
2. No gratuitous use of keywords in job descriptions or job titles. Gratuitous means deliberately inserting words, strings of words, or repeating job titles, with the intention of influencing position in the results listing, or increasing the number of page views.
3. Job Advertisements placed must be for genuine vacancies only, and not for other products or services, either relating to or unrelated to recruitment.
4. URLs or email links (live or text only) are not permitted in the body copy of the job description page. Email links are permitted from the ‘send an email’ link and url linking is permitted from the ‘apply online’ link.
4.3 Job Advertisements which appear to discriminate on grounds of age, sex, race or disability are illegal and may result in proceedings being taken against both the advertiser and the publisher. If Packaging News Jobs believes that a Job Advertisement may be discriminatory it may at its discretion either amend the advertisement or remove it from the Site without liability to You to make any refund of amounts paid or due to be paid in respect of the posting or otherwise and will inform you accordingly.
4.4 You agree to deal fairly and professionally with individuals who may respond to Job Advertisement that You have posted and Packaging News Jobs does not guarantee any response to your Advertisements or that responses will be from individuals suitable for the job advertised. It is your responsibility to carry out such checks and procedures as are necessary to ensure that candidates are suitable for the job advertised and have the required qualifications and personal characteristics.
4.5 Job Advertisements that You post may also appear on third party recruitment websites pursuant to agreements from time to time between Packaging News Jobs and the proprietors of such websites.
5. Content of All Advertisements
5.1 All Advertisements must comply with the following terms and conditions:
1. You warrant to Packaging News Jobs that any Advertisement is your own original work and that you own the copyright and any other relevant rights;
2. You warrant that any Advertisement that you submit and the language that you use in it is not obscene, abusive, hateful, obscene, offensive, defamatory of any person or otherwise illegal or which will harass, distress or inconvenience any person or which might restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Site by any person;
3. You agree not to post any Advertisement which is deliberately intended to upset other users, to breach confidence, to compromise privacy or to process personal data in an unauthorised manner;
4. You agree not to post any Advertisement which may encourage criminal conduct or which may give rise to civil liability, or which is otherwise unlawful;
5. You agree not to place within any Advertisement any links where those links take users to unlawful material or material that contravenes these terms;
6. You agree not to post any Advertisement which contravenes the relevant codes of conduct imposed by the Advertising Standards Authority;
7. You agree not to post, upload or otherwise transmit any Advertisement which:
a. infringes the rights of any person or which is unlawful in any other respect;
b. will compromise the privacy or data protection rights of any person; or
c. may bring Packaging News Jobs into disrepute.
8. You agree not to use the Service for:
a. the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail”, “spam”, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes”, “affiliate schemes”, or any other so called “business opportunity” or any other form of solicitation or commercial exploitation;
b. for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
5.3 You acknowledge that any breach of the terms/warranties given above may cause Packaging News Jobs damage or loss and You agree to indemnify Packaging News Jobs in full and permanently against any third party liabilities, claims, costs, loss or damage that it incurs as a result of publishing material that You submit to it, including consequential losses.
5.4 Packaging News Jobs may publish and make available to the public by any means any Advertisement that you submit, post, upload, email or otherwise transmit to it at their sole discretion and they shall be entitled to make additions or deletions to any such material prior to publication.
5.5 If your Advertisement links to another website via our external apply online option or otherwise, You are responsible for maintaining the links and for the content of Your Advertisement and the linked website. Packaging News Jobs may remove from the Site any Advertisement which contains content or links to a website which, in Packaging News Jobs’s opinion, is defamatory, illegal or objectionable or will bring Packaging News Jobs into disrepute. You will indemnify Packaging News Jobs from and against any claims or liability arising from the content of websites that are linked to from Your Advertisement.
5.6 Packaging News Jobs reserves the right to remove your Advertisements completely if Packaging News Jobs believes that you are abusing the Service in any way.
6. No Notification of Changes
6. We reserve the right to change, modify, remove or substitute without notice any information shown on the Site (including these Terms and Conditions) so You are advised to check the current prices listed on the Site and check these Terms and Conditions whenever Orders are placed.
7. Overseas Customers
7.1 As we are a UK company, all charges shown on the Site are in Pounds Sterling. If You are placing an Order from overseas, Your card issuer may convert the charge into Your local currency.
7.2 The Site and these Terms and Conditions have been designed for use within the United Kingdom. Whilst We will consider Orders from outside the United Kingdom, we give no warranty, express or implied, that the Site or the placing of any Order through the Site from outside the UK complies with any applicable non-UK laws or regulations. Accordingly, any services not permitted under Your local law are not offered to you.
Furthermore, We reserve the right to refuse any Order at Packaging News Jobs’s discretion from overseas customers and We will have no obligation to provide You with any reasons for refusing an Order.